Monday, May 24, 2010
5 Ways to Use Shrek in the Classroom
1. In the new movie, Shrek wished his royalty status away. Have your students pick a turning point in their lives and write about what would have happened if they had gone the other way. (Use Wallwisher)
2. Write a backstory for Donkey. What "story" does he come from? How did he end up in that forest? (Use whatever you want to create this one!)
3. Make character trading cards on readwritethink.org
4. Create a movie trailer for Shrek using scanned student drawings or thematic symbols and ANIMOTO.
5. Use glogster as medium to reflect on one of the fairytales mentioned in the movie. Include history of the story, possible audio retellings and images.
Or make up your own idea. I promise not to stalk your classroom and check what you do.
Until Next Time,
Lit Maven Out!