Monday, May 24, 2010
5 Ways to Use Shrek in the Classroom
1. In the new movie, Shrek wished his royalty status away. Have your students pick a turning point in their lives and write about what would have happened if they had gone the other way. (Use Wallwisher)
2. Write a backstory for Donkey. What "story" does he come from? How did he end up in that forest? (Use whatever you want to create this one!)
3. Make character trading cards on readwritethink.org
4. Create a movie trailer for Shrek using scanned student drawings or thematic symbols and ANIMOTO.
5. Use glogster as medium to reflect on one of the fairytales mentioned in the movie. Include history of the story, possible audio retellings and images.
Or make up your own idea. I promise not to stalk your classroom and check what you do.
Until Next Time,
Lit Maven Out!
I came across this phrase yesterday..."half the battle". Here are some definitions of Half the Battle. 1. to be the most ...
Post #2-The Lit Maven Presents: Everything I Know I Learned in Kindergarten, But Video Sharing Back Then Was a Flip Book.Jan 25 th , 2010 . Just opened the trail fire, seared my eyeballs, and went to bed. The high of posting on photo sharing was followed closel...
How to create a mash up circa 1996? (True story. Friday night. No Money.) Rent the VHS version of The Wizard of Oz …please stay with m...
This is me after an intense month of twitter. Enough said . Tweet, Tweet, Twiddle, Twiddle (Learning the Tool) Captain's Log: Feb...